Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Success!.....and complete failure

My very first sweater to be knit in pieces and assembled is finished. All the ends are woven in. It looks like a garment, and not a post-modern sculpture. I got the sleeves set in and they aren't completely crooked or projecting from the back. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself. (And I have to because I'm currently snowed in with a man and a three year old, so nobody but me is complimenting this thing right now.) The downside? Too d@#$ small. I can get it on, but I look like Chris Farley doing his "fat man in a little coat" bit. The sleeves are WAY too tight, and there really isn't enough room across the shoulders. If I were a better person, I would rip it all back and start again, or at least find a way to fix it. As I am not a better person, I am on the lookout for a person somewhat smaller than myself who would like a "Hey Teach".

Any takers?

No comments: