Sunday, January 10, 2010

Call Me Ahab


It's always darkest before the dawn, I suppose, so only days after predicting I would be knitting an afghan until the Devil's nose had frostbite, it is done. The pattern called for 44 inches and I quit at 40. Mostly I bound off because I didn't believe my yarn would hold out for another repeat of the pattern, but also because I wanted to go to bed and didn't want to spend another day on this thing. The white whale is complete, and looking for a home. Unfortunately, I had to buy some new yarn part way through, and the line where the new yarn is joined is pretty obvious when the thing is laid out. Out of my control unfortunately, as the thing was given to me and I had used all the yarn that came with it. I don't think a baby would notice, do you? And thus ends Moby Dick.

No comments: