Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sorry about the bragging

I just can't help it. This is the first year I have managed to stay ahead of the weeds this far into the year, so I see flowers blooming rather than giant weeds. I can't quite contain myself.



After a year of waiting, I learned that my hollyhock blooms yellow.



The Asiatic lilies show their characteristic brightness.



The day lilies are getting a good foothold this year.



And oddly enough the most photogenic thing in the garden is not a bloom. It's that curly garlic. I am posting these pics because I can see the weeds creeping up on me. I'm keeping ahead of them by the skin of my teeth. My downfall is imminent. The cherry tomatoes are even showing signs of blight already. June is WAY too early for that, so all my efforts may come to naught. It may seem like bragging now, but I'll need this encouragement in July when things start to go South fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful flowers (and awesome garlic--since I don't like to eat it that much, nice to know it's at least cool-looking in the wild). You can do it! Weed Mommy Weed! This post, however, is not exactly encouraging me to plant my own garden next year, since I know I will be a Weeding-Procrastinator extraordinaire... :-)