Sunday, May 22, 2011

Garden Log

Rick took pity on me and did the tilling in the vegetable garden today, so Kate and I went off to Pamida to buy plants. Sadly, all their tomato plants already seem to have the blight, which I've never seen before this early in the year. I did not buy them, but I did buy some other plants. I hope this does not turn out to be a mistake. Here's what got planted today: Two cucumber plants (Burpfree Bush), six Lady Bell peppers, four Pacman broccoli plants, four Snow Crown cauliflower, two Big Bertha peppers, four Rutgers Slicing tomatoes, one Park's Whopper tomato and one better bush tomato. We also planted three hills of potatoes, one row of eggplant seeds and one row of onion sets. I don't know what to tell you about the eggplant, but that the seeds were free, and I've never grown them, so why not. Kate and I also planted Mexican Sunflowers, Zinnias and Nasturtiums in the pine tree beds. My body aches but my garden is lovely. Goodnight and grow well.

No comments: