Monday, May 3, 2010

My name is...

Hello, my name is Chrissy and I have a problem. I am incapable of visiting almost any store without buying plants or seeds. And Kate is my enabler. She sees no reason not to buy seeds, any seeds, all the seeds. It's getting NUTS. After a visit to Lowes today, we planted green peppers, strawberries, basil and spearmint in the upper garden, cherry tomatoes in pots, creeping phlox in the lower beds and onions in the vegetable garden.

But, like many a shopping addict, I'm less than careful with the objects of my passion once they are mine. For instance:


The sweet basil planted last week and forgotten about during a frost warning, and the basil purchased today. And, have I checked the weather yet tonight. Why no, I have not.

Also for example:


A strawberry plant, one of two purchased today to replace the duds we planted several weeks ago in a little pot. I asked Kate if we could dump out the pot, plant these, but she apparently holds out hope. I may have to sneak the pot off the deck some night while she's sleeping.

And, my pride and joy...


I grew me some spinach. Problem...what problem.

No comments: