Friday, September 25, 2009

Why I Missed It

Below, you can be in awe of the reason I have done so little this summer. I have been madly knitting on this afghan to finish it by tonight, and low and behold, it's done. Still a little damp from it's final wash, but put in the gift bag anyway. The bride-to-be knows me. She will understand. Also, all outsiders are now banned from my house until I can forge a path through the mountains of dirt, grime and dirty dishes that have accumulated on my shores during the final days of this project. I really did have to push to finish it, but also, this project gave me an excellent reason to ignore all adult responsibilities and knit instead. "Sorry honey, you'll have to buy some new socks, I don't have time to wash some for you. I have the knit." "Sure dear, you can have a pop tart for dinner. I don't have time to cook. I have to knit." You get the idea.

No comments: