Sunday, November 8, 2009

Nothing Sadder

Recently in a meeting for work, a tech guy stated that there is nothing sadder than a blog that hasn't been updated in months, so... in an effort to be somewhat less sad, here's some stuff that happened recently:

Basket Extravaganza!!! We attended the annual Trumbull Mobile Meals Basket Extravaganza last night. It's a fundraiser for a great cause and a fantastic excuse to buy stuff you really don't need. I bought this. 
It's a gardening basket...for me. Stop laughing, I love to garden, I just don't do it very much as evidenced by my flower beds. Maybe this stuff will motivate me next year. What do you think?







Also in the vein of personal motivation, we bought this. I gave it 40 minutes of my life this morning and it had the nerve to tell me I am 10 years older than I thought. Not a shining start to a relationship, but I shall persevere for now.







On the knitting front, I'm a bit stalled out. Several smaller projects have been completed, like this. Just some simple mittens to use up some donated acrylic yarn. Probably will only be worn by a snowman or two, but what the heck.






Then I upped my difficulty level with this. The Yarn Harlot's most elegant solution to a really beautiful, really small skein of yarn. I bummed this alpaca off of my grandmother and didn't know what to do with it. The Pretty Thing worked out well, especially when I gave it to Grandma. All other knitting is currently in the swatching stage. Boooooring. More when there is actual knitting to show.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Great post! I love, love, love the mittens - they are really cute. And of course you already know I heart the Pretty Thing.