Saturday, February 13, 2010

More Updates

Kate's garden is a success. Is there anything better than this sight in snowy February?


I managed to finish another baby sweater before the baby's grand entrance, although it was a close thing due to a button and a snap. The button is from a jar of antique buttons given to me by a friend. The baby's gender will be surprise to all, so I hope the color is neutral enough. I have decided that this lucky baby will also benefit from the white whale. The pattern is a really great seamless one from Knitting Daily.


The Block-A-Month Afghan continues apace. I have finished two alternative blocks. I hope to do one of these each month as well as the block of the month, so to end up with 24 blocks in December rather than 12, and have a bigger afghan.
Squares cloth, which is actually a dishcloth pattern. Expect some more of those, they are perfect blocks for afghans.


And Flickering Flames which I believe will look much better once blocked.


The ravelympics project is on hold for now. My personal torch will not be lit until after the 4th birthday party scheduled for tomorrow. Also yet to be blogged....the hubby's unbelievable Valentine's day gifts. He's in the running for prince of a guy.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Ooh! I can't wait for the Present Announcement! Seeing other people's prezzies is almost as good as getting them one's self!

Happy Birthday to the Bug!

Diana