Wednesday, January 27, 2016

You Know Me WellYou Know Me Well by David Levithan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A refreshingly multidimensional novel about the lives of two teenagers during San Francisco's Pride Celebration. While a great deal of the drama comes from their romantic relationships, the beginnings and endings of friendships are just as important to the narrative. The narrators alternated by chapter, from Kate to Mark. This was largely effective, although I had to flip back a few times to remind myself who was currently talking. Still, the book read smoothly, without a jarring disconnect between the two voices, a problem I have had with multiple narrators as well as multiple authors in the past. I appreciated that the book showed teens in various stages of coming out as well as a variety of consequences to coming out, some positive and some negative. An excellent and well rounded story.


View all my reviews

No comments: