Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Garden Log, No Pics

Too busy gardening to blog about it, but if I don't, I won't know what I planted where and when, so...

Here's the info, but sadly, no pics.

The tomatoes have started putting on new growth, as have the cucumbers. The peppers still look a bit small, but then, awful looking pepper plants usually make great peppers. The eggplant seeds did nothing, and I replaced them with green bean seeds today. I added some spinach seeds to the pot, and I've got a pot of patio tomatoes coming along well too. The zucchini plants went in, but look a little small. The pumpkins (3) look pretty good though. I added a row of onion seeds today, between the peas, which are also up. I also tossed in a few nasturtium seeds.

In the flower garden we've harvested about 20 strawberries, the pink peonies are bustin out and the yucca is about to bloom for the very first time. My lilies are also ready pop, any day now.
So, barring catastrophic weather (which happens weekly around here, 3/4 of an inch of rain one hour) we should have a few veggies in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Diana said...

1) exchanging eggplant for beans sounds like a good trade in my book.

2) Consider walking onions http://www.egyptianwalkingonion.com/ for a real gardening adventure. My buddy Robert put some in a few years ago and you'd be amazed where they've walked to!

Have fun!