Sunday, October 26, 2008

Norman Tuttle on the Last Frontier (Tom Bodett Adventure Series) Norman Tuttle on the Last Frontier by Tom Bodett


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I'm pretty sure this is a great book. I can't be sure though, because I listened to Tom Bodett read it, and if he read me the phone book, I'd think it was great. Still, it's a wonderful depiction of the painful adolescence of an average boy with an average family. His father is wonderfully understanding (almost too nice to be believed) and Norman's struggles with the craziness inside his head are very honest. I liked this book, but I'm looking at being 13 from the opposite side, and it all makes sense to me. I'm not so sure how a real 13 year old kid would see this book. They are not known for self-reflection. This is probably one of those books that all the grown-ups will like, but the kids....not so much.


View all my reviews.

No comments: