Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Steep and Thorny WayThe Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While I admit to only a fuzzy recollection of Hamlet, I found this a novel and interesting take on the original. Hanalee is a good lead character. In fact I felt her reasons for dithering, misleading and confounding behavior were more reasonable than Hamlet's. Even so, she comes across as a tough and capable young women. The plot and peripheral characters are well done, showing a broad range of feelings toward the discrimination of the KKK, from fear, to tolerance, to support. Hanalee and Joe's friendship brings another fascinating aspect to the story, but their meetings did become a bit repetitive. The author kept the truth of the mystery from the reader through to the end, which was worth the read.


View all my reviews

No comments: