Thursday, December 13, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Stories, Days 6-11







As usual, the six year old has become distracted and no longer is reviewing, but she's still reading with me, so I can't complain too much. Here's a little catch-up.

Day 11
The Best Christmas Pageant EverThe Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A great picture book adaption of the best chapter book about Christmas ever. Leaves out a few of the best points (like the pussy willow story) but covers the basics.


View all my reviews



Day 10
My First ChristmasMy First Christmas by Tomie dePaola
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There's no one better than DePaola. No one.


View all my reviews



Day 9
The Christmas Quiet BookThe Christmas Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood


A short and sweet book about quiet times at Christmas, (although I'm not sure those quiet times apply to a 6 year old).


View all my reviews



Day 8
How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas?How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas? by Jane Yolen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's awfully hard to beat Yolen's dinosaur series, and Kate loves looking for the hidden name of the dinosaur.


View all my reviews



Day 7
Together at ChristmasTogether at Christmas by Eileen Spinelli
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lovely little winter story, with totally adorable mice


View all my reviews


Day 6
Oh! What a Surprise!Oh! What a Surprise! by Suzanne Bloom
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My favorite group of mismatched friends celebrates Christmas.


View all my reviews

No comments: