Friday, December 19, 2008

Success!

I've been finishing projects lately, always something to be proud of. I've been working on the "Happily ever after dress" since mid-summer I think. It doesn't fit the bug wonderfully well, nor has the yarn worn well over it's long knitting life, but done is done and here it is:













Next I finished a super bulky cabled hat from this pattern.
It looks a little funny on my model.....


So I found a better one...

It's shaped a little funny, but very warm.

And finally, I completed an Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket. It came out extremely small, but I've decided to give it to the happy parents anyway. I might fit for a week or two. The most irritating part was the buttons. I didn't want to shop for buttons tonight (the Friday before Christmas) so I made some by wrapping beads with my yarn. I'm not completely displeased with the result.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Awesome BSJ! If you make one in bigger yarn it'll fit a bigger kid so there's a lot of flexibility with that pattern. Also, I popped for the Adult Surprise Jacket pattern from the same designer - if you don't have it you can get it from schoolhousepress.com - that lets you knit it in ANY size, with ANY yarn. I made one for me and it looks great.

I also love your other knits, and especially your hat model!

Thanks for the props on my humble blogging, too. It's nice to know my readers are out there!